Tuesday 25 June 2013

EXP3 structure and roofing


    Structure of the architecture:


Draft and development of the structure frame



 Although the body of the bridges is the main component to lift the architecture up, some minor support over the lower hanging part of the school are needed.

To do so I came up with a net like design to in a way carries the bottom hanging parts from the bridge structure. On the bottom shows my drawings and later extracted into a 3D fitting form





Using the plugin (curviloft), I manage to successfully fit the "net" over the building 


A view of the dynamics produced from the "nets"




Along with the minor structure, the roofing and decorative design of the bridge is developed:



As I am trailing with how to make the net structure, I also found a way to decorate the roof of the building. Similarly, a plan is drawn and follow up by a extraction


As I progress, I have generated a design that seems to imitate a flow of wind or fluid through the structure, funnelling at the narrow body area and expands at the other end. 

The roofing element was a no-brainer, as my mash up concept consist with the idea of "home" blending with the landscape, a "green" textured layer is added over the roof to make it even more part of the landscape.


 Despite located at the urban area of Hong Kong, where green is not obvious, I came up with an idea of parks connecting with the bridge on 2 ends to support my architectural theory and to enhance the landscape of my bridge's form.



No comments:

Post a Comment