Tuesday 25 June 2013

EXP3 city generation

To generate mass amount urban buildings for the terrain, I went to gather advantages from multiple sources, such as google earth, city engine, sketch up, online stores and also drawing and building by myself.


By apply the "add location" on sketch up, I can apply the virtual space with map of Hong Kong and look specific iconic buildings of the city to use in my terrain.


On the other hand, I tried to use a professional city generator just get a small portion of the models on the map. It was so powerful the my laptop was 90% occupied by the program. And of course a few buildings (five of the top left corner)


After the generations, buildings are orderly positioned on terrain I made previously, at the same time customer textures are applied on some of my favourite models to create variety.



No comments:

Post a Comment