Thursday 20 June 2013

Bridges design drafts

Concept one:
I initiated a a idea base on sequences of curves, where i found it naturally coheres with the surroundings and that it will provide a very nice smooth curve over the bridge surface, where people may walk on top of.





The curves of the bridge is following the fibonacci sequence, which helps me to create smooth surface.



I am attending to have the plan of the bridge (left drawing) apply onto the elevation form of it (right), unfortunately, I still haven't yet figured out a method to achieve this, I may come back to this later in the process.




The bridge will be spanning across the Hong Kong's Victoria Habour, therefore the sizeof it will be huge comparing to a person

In order to withstand the span, it is relying on the suspension supports over counter shape and strength, in the case 2 thick steel rod is that to provide point of support for each pat of the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment