Tuesday 25 June 2013

EXP3 development 2





According to the previous sectional drawing, I came up with fluid form which involve shaping it in all direction on sketch up. Therefore I tried the idea on different shapes, such as the one in front on you.



Then...., my first successful hybrid "bridge".
The blue parts are the architectural school space, and the special feature is that the whole blue school part not only cures around the bridge structure, it penetrates through the white bits, like sewing, continue over a tangle with each other.

Though, I reckon this look is not elegant enough, and I also wanted to design a bridge that may will be a product of the collaboration of an architect and engineers. Such as the one below, where I started to take physic into account. Adopting the arch rule to sustain the bridge over a 400m span without any external suspensions.




It turns out to be lighter looking and ergonomic with the landscape, blending with it.


Apart from the bridge form, the counter architectural body must change into a more "aerodynamic- shape" to support the structure. In this case, I designed a slimmer space, where it may be more suitable for a 100 people architectural school, as well as aesthetically "following the flow".


No comments:

Post a Comment